Hello, my name is Jenaya and I am a certified pet nutritionist. To read more about me or my qualifications, go here. My goal is to help your pet thrive with real, whole, nutrient-dense food, and herbal supplementation (whenever it's needed).
I specialize in...
- Adult dog homemade diets
- Puppy (small and large breed) diets
- Vegetarian and Vegan dog diets
- Special Diets (Weight loss, gluten-free, grain free)
Additionally, I use whole food and herbal supplementation to help your dog with several issues, outlined below.
Issues I help your dog with...
- Dermatological Issues (Allergies, Inflammation, Dry Skin and Coat, Hair Growth, Demodectic Mange)
- Immunity Disorders
- Immune Deficiency or Suppression
- Cardiovascular Disease (Heart Failure, Dilated Cardiomyopathy, Heartworm)
- Gastrointestinal Conditions (Colitis, Constipation/Diarrhea, Digestive Weakness, Flatulence, Gallbladder)
- Gingivitis/Periodontal Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Pain, Behavior Issues, Anxiety, Depression, Hyperactivity
- Respiratory Issues
- Urinary Tract Conditions
- and more
Prevention with the right nutrition
Your dog's diet is a key factor in maintaining good health. Many problems can be traced directly to shortcoming with your dog's diet, while wholesome, life-supporting food allows your dog system to function at it's best.
Over the last century, an ever-growing "I am too busy mentality" has forced us to opt-in for pre-packaged and processed "fake-foods", which cause us more harm than every imagined. Sadly, the same goes for our dogs.
Most of us have been taught that the best way to feed our dogs is to buy commercial dog food that is "nutritionally balanced" to provide everything they need. We find a brand that we like and with the best intentions, we adhere to this feeding regiment for the rest of their lives.
For many years, this plan was consistent with the advice of many experts, including our veterinarians. However, this is quickly changing, and for reasons, you will easily understand. Step back for a moment and consider how this applies to your diet. Do you rely on prepackaged food for your meals? Are you concerned about chemical additives, synthetic vitamins, and preservatives? Do you eat the same meal the entire year?
Thus, to stay at the peak of health, your dog needs a broad range of foods, just like you. A steady diet of the same pre-packaged food simply cannot do this, for several reasons.
1. Prepackaged food requires processing, which destroys many of the vitamins. What is added back are synthetic vitamins and preservatives that are difficult to digest by your dog.
2. The quality of meat and grains varies dramatically on the market. It is hard to tell what is used to create the dog food you are feeding.
3. "Flavors" are added to improve the appearance (so they look tasty to you) and preservatives are used to keep the food from growing mold.
Thus, the best way to ensure that your dog gets all nutrients is to feed a variety of foods, so his body can draw different substances from different sources. I am here to help you with that!
Power of Herbs for Illnesses
While my first step is to make sure you have sought or considered conventional medicine, with your permission, I use herbs to help your pets feel better when food alone is not enough. Herbs are used when effective and safe conventional treatment is not available. Unfortunately, there are still so many serious chronic medical conditions are (chronicity defined by the fact that medicine isn't working). Herbs are an additional tool in the toolbox.
For serious and chronic conditions, I will often ask for your pet's bloodwork and vet evaluations before administering any herbs.If you are ready to get started, check out my services or contact me today (email@example.com)